The Quality and Environment Policy of Port Olímpic de Barcelona S.A.
The aim of Port Olímpic de Barcelona S.A. (Pobasa) is to offer the best possible quality in all its services to users, licensees and clients using its facilities, as well as guaranteeing these facilities are used in an environmentally-friendly way.
Our growth as a port has been underpinned by our goal of quality service and, aware of the importance of protecting the environment, the company has committed itself to carrying out its business while respecting the environment as far as possible. Firstly we undertake not only to comply with current environmental legislation but to go beyond its requirements, developing improvements in our daily work to help preserve the environment and improve the quality of the services we provide.
Within this corporate policy implemented by Port Olímpic de Barcelona S.A., the following principles are followed:
- Track and monitor the satisfaction of our users
- Monitor and minimise the company's environmental impacts
- Take measures to reduce the consumption of natural resources, such as water and energy
- Effectively manage any waste generated
- Promote environmental training and raise awareness among those people involved in carrying out the port's activity: workers and suppliers. In the case of the port's staff, the focus is particularly on training them in environmental issues to involve them in the project and achieve its objectives.
- Communicate the work being carried out to users and involve them as much as possible in improving the port's performance.
All these principles form part of a process to prevent pollution within a philosophy of continual improvements in quality and excellence, as well as the port's environmental performance, entailing a regular review of this policy as well as the targets set.
Mr. Jorge Bonal
Capitán de Port Olímpic de Barcelona S.A.